The goal of the Pan-Florida Challenge Ride Ambassador Program is to encourage first time participants in the Pan-Florida Challenge Cancer Ride. We want to help cyclists overcome any barriers they may have to joining the ride and enjoying this life-changing experience. Pan-Florida Challenge Ride Ambassadors will:
- Grow awareness of cancer prevention, the linkages between malnutrition or bad nutrition and the propensity to get cancer, and ways to combat that — including feeding children healthy meals.
- Be a magnet for riders of all abilities, encouraging them and sharing equipment and ride information, training and fundraising assistance, and companionship.
- Gain enormous satisfaction for helping thousands in need while growing the community of dedicated Pan-Florida Challenge athletes.
Ride Ambassador Program Rewards
We have developed an incentive program to encourage participation in the Pan-Florida Challenge Ride Ambassador program. These incentives include:
- An ambassador uniform, including a Pan-Florida Challenge collared polo shirt, t-shirt, socks, and water bottle.
- Pan-Florida Challenge cycling jersey and shorts.
- Pan-Florida Challenge promotional brochures, flyers, and other collateral.
- A waived registration fee for the Pan-Florida Challenge Cancer Ride.
- A personalized discount code worth up to $100 off the fundraising minimum to share with recruits.
- The opportunity to earn up to $1,000 at the end of the season based on the number on athletes recruited who complete their fundraising minimum.
Ride Ambassador Expectations
Selection as a Ride Ambassador is not just about receiving the material rewards. Pan-Florida Challenge is looking for cyclists who aspire to something greater. Our priority isn’t to find cyclists who are the fastest, but those with a love of cycling who are connected to the communities in which they live. We’re looking for riders who believe, as we do, that we can play a role in cancer prevention. Ride Ambassadors should plan to:
- Host local training rides.
- Help promote sponsors.
- Create at least one social media post per month.
- Submit at least one blog post before the ride.
- Recruit at least five new riders and engage with them throughout their training.
- Participate in the Pan-Florida Challenge Cancer Ride and other community activities.
- Become fluent in using your Personal Pan-Florida Challenge Fundraising Page.
- Learn about and promote ride details and amenities.
Cyclists who are interested in serving as a Ride Ambassador for Pan-Florida Challenge should complete the Ride Ambassador Application. Tell us why you’d be a great selection and what skills or talents you have to share. Maybe it’s your profession, a hobby, or something you just have a knack for. Maybe it’s a personal experience you’ve had or a spiritual calling. Whatever is is that makes you special, we want to know.
For more information, a full job description, or questions about the Pan-Florida Challenge Ride Ambassador Program contact us at www.panfloridachallenge.org/contact-us or call 239-298-1620.